It’s all about personal preference and the almighty dollar because ghost hunting isn’t cheap…The best equipment of all is patience, common sense and dedication and then some more patience. The following equipment is what PGS uses in our investigations. We are constantly adding to our inventory and always trying out something new…
- Digital (can see a photo instantly)
- 35mm (good for still shots, different film speeds)
- Video (several models, night shots are great for filming in different light spectrums)
Tape recorder or digital voice recorder
- To record audio evidence (also known as EVP) ,
we use analog (tape) and digital
- Frank's Box scans AM and FM frequencies in a continuous
fashion, creating white noise, which people believe
spirits can use to communicate with.
- There are several out there, we use the K-II Meter,
Cell Sensor, ELF Zone and Digital. Theory is that when
spirits manifest, they create an electromagnetic field.
- To record base temperature readings
and note any changes, such as a cold spot.
- A thermographic camera, sometimes called a
FLIR (Forward Looking InfraRed), is a device that
forms an image using infrared radiation
Two Way Radio
- For keeping in touch with the team, good for using
in a large area or multi level building
- Watches, for documenting times
- Batteries: ones that fit your equipment, we have all been down that road before…and it’s not fun, ghosts love to drain your batteries
- Background Noise: if we feel it is applicable, we will play period music or white noise on our iPods or CDs
- Water, lots of patience, snacks and a sense of humor
- Trash bags, don't leave any sign of your presence
- Carrying cases or bags
- Pens or pencils, gotta have something to write with!
Don’t be afraid to use toys or items to experiment with. We get most of ours from the dollar store…we use various toys such as balls, cars and dolls. We even use cat toys. They are cheap, easy to find and you won’t whine too much if you lose them.